Frequently Asked Questions
FEBRUARY 27 - MARCH 5, 2023
Omni Tucson National Resort Tucson, Arizona
WHAT IS BIRDIES FOR CHARITY?
GREAT REASONS TO GET INVOLVED
- The Cologuard Classic Birdies for Charity program enables local charities in the Tucson area to use the Cologuard Classic golf tournament as a fundraising platform.
- The Birdies for Charity program is designed to give charities an opportunity to generate contributions through flat donations or based on the number of “birdies” made by PGA TOUR Champions players during the tournament. The tournament week cycle is inclusive of the Pro-Am days.
- Participating charities will receive all donations collected on their behalf, minus any credit card fees.
- Potential Additional Participating Charitable Donation Match: In addition, will donate an additional 5 - 10 percent to participating charities on donations made through Birdies for Charity, so all participating charities will receive an additional 5 - 10 percent of the total pledged to them.
- There is no monetary cap on donations to be accepted through the Birdies for Charity program; however, there is a $10,000 cap on the bonus per participating charity. There is a $100,000 cap on the total bonus for the entire program that will be met on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The program is operated by the Tucson Conquistadores Inc.
PARTICIPATING IS EASY!
- No cost, no risk program
- Increase awareness for your charity and your cause – The tournament provides opportunities for participating organizations to spread their mission through multimedia such as radio, website wand social media
- Turnkey program administration
- A national platform to tell your nonprofit’s story
WHAT IS A BIRDIE?
- Charitable organizations that are recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (c)(3) are eligible to participate in the Birdies for Charity Program.
- Interested charities are required to complete an online application, agree to the terms of participation, and upload their 501(c)(3) IRS letter.
- Register Here
- “Par” is the normal expected score on any given hole on the golf course.
- A “birdie” is a score of one stroke better than “par” for any golf hole. For example, on a par-4 hole, a score of 3 is a birdie.
HOW TO DONATE
- Participating organizations and their volunteers may solicit pledges. There are two types of pledges:
- A per-birdie amount for every birdie made by the PGA TOUR Champions professionals during the Cologuard Classic, with an option to cap at a certain amount, or
- A one-time flat donation, with a minimum flat donation of $25.
It is gratifying to know that 100% of every donation collected goes directly to your specified charity.
- Visit https://cologuardclassic.com/
- Click on “Charities” and then “Birdies for Charity,” then “Donate Now to Birdies for Charity”
- For a ‘one-time fixed donation’
- Scroll down until you find the amount you wish to donate
- Select a charity from the list of participating charities
- Enter your preferred quantity
- Select "Add to Cart" and then continue to "View Cart" to checkout
- Fill out the billing information form. One-time flat donations will be processed immediately, and per-birdie donations will be processed after the tournament when the number of birdies made during competition rounds is determined.
- A confirmation email will be sent and will serve as a receipt for tax-deduction purposes.
- *Donations also can be made by check. Checks must be made out to Tucson Conquistadores Inc with the specific charity listed in the memo line.
Please mail checks to:
Tucson Conquistadores Inc
Attn: Birdies for Charity
6450 East Broadway Boulevard
Tucson, AZ 85710
- For a 'score-based donation’ (per birdie)
Select the "Pledge Form" link
- Fill out the form, you will receive a confirmation email
- Tucson Conquistadores will follow-up after the event to provide next steps.
*Note: Score-based donations can only be made using a credit card. One-time, fixed donations can be made using a credit card or check WHEN WILL CHARITIES RECEIVE DONATED FUNDS?
ONSITE BENEFITS AT THE TOURNAMENT FOR PARTICIPATING CHARITIES
- Checks will be mailed to all participating charities with donated funds within 120 days of the conclusion of the Cologuard Classic.
HOW CAN PARTICIPATING CHARITIES PROMOTE THEIR INVOLVEMENT?
- Organization name listed in the official Tournament Spectator Guide
- Organization name listed on the Birdies for Charity sign at the tournament
- Use of the Birdies for Charity logo and a link to the Birdies for Charity website in communications
- Distribution of an e-blast or newsletter to staff, board members, donors and corporate supporters
- Promotion of donations through the Birdies for Charity program via social media channels and tagging the Cologuard Classic for added exposure
- The official name of the program is Birdies for Charity.
- Please include the tournament name, “Cologuard Classic Birdies for Charity Program,” the first time the program is mentioned in a communication.
- Subsequent mentions can be referred to as “Birdies for Charity.”
- Emphasize that the Cologuard Classic will add 5-10 percent to all donations generated by the group (up to $100,000 collected) (if we find a sponsor).
- Donating through Birdies for Charity is simple via the online portal at https://cologuardclassic.com/
- Participating organizations are encouraged to use the Birdies for Charity logo in solicitation efforts. Please email Megan Mierczynski in the Tournament Office if you have not received logo files.
- Samples of any materials containing the logo, electronic or hard copy, must be submitted to Katy Pradella for approval prior to distribution.
- Please do not change the colors of fonts used in the logo or place the logo on a busy background. Do not add any other graphic elements to the logo.